Monday, August 22, 2005

The Trinity

It was not always taken for granted that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost were three parts of the same being. In fact, I don't take it for granted, still. The only parts of the Bible that allude to the trinity are cryptic, at best. The reason we believe in the Trinity today is due to the First Council of Nicaea. Christianity was falling apart due to a controversy between those who felt Jesus was God and those who felt Jesus was created by God.

I definitely believe that Jesus and God are the same type of being, but I also believe they are different beings, thus leading to their dramatically different leadership styles. Jesus is a much more forgiving entity than is God. I'm glad that Jesus is representing me to God and I'm thankful that he sacrificed himself so that he could be my intercessor. However, I stop short of saying that they are the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home