Monday, October 31, 2005

Prayer

I think I stopped praying for things soon after my father died. It never seemed right to me, anyway. The almighty God taking directions from my habitually wrong self just seemed silly. Throughout the old testament there are examples of people praying for miracles and those miracles occurring. They barter with God, asserting that they know what is best for them and that God should be their tool, not their guide. I don't want that. I pray for God to handle all situations in my life as he sees fit. If he is a benevolent God, which seems to be up for some debate, then my life will turn out OK. If he is an apathetic God, then it really won't matter either way. Regardless, I think praying for a football team to win or for any material thing is petty. God is not our personal genie. God should be our King, and King's don't take orders, they give them. So, in my prayers, I thank God for who he is and what he has done, and I ask that he do as he sees fit. What do you do? Leave a comment and let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home