Sunday, June 11, 2006

Wake Up!

A coworker of mine invited me to his church this Sunday (today). I thanked him and told him I would love to come visit. I have to say that I'm a habitual oversleeper, but I fully intended to take him up on his offer. I set my alarm clock for 8:00, which would give me plenty of time to get there before the service started at 10:00. I woke up when the alarm went off and turned the alarm off. I began thinking of excuses to allow me to go back to sleep. I thought of a good enough one and faded off into dream land.

At this point I have to make an aside. I talk to God. Many people talk to God, I imagine. Our prayers are designed to do that very thing. But, I may be a little odd because I believe God talks to me. Now, you are free to stop reading at this point, call me a lunatic, and move on. I won't hold a grudge. In fact, I'll offer up the opinion that it might just be my subconcious. I don't hear audible noices: the only words are in my head. Nevertheless, I hear the words and I feel they are from God. Your milage may vary.

Ok, back to the matter at hand. I was sleeping, perhaps a little restlessly after being woken up and running excuses through my subconcious, when God spoke to me. He said, very clearly in my mind, "My children don't go to Church at their convienence". The message was very clear. It was 8:35 AM. What was I to do? I got up, took a shower, got dressed, and went to my friends church. It was very moving - a very warm and friendly church. I look forward to taking my family there when they arrive from Arkansas. God is not always so blunt with me, so I appreciate the reminder that he still cares for me. I also hope I showed I still care for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home